CCFR responded to a boat fire on Duran Street

Juneau, Alaska (KINY) – At approximately 09:45 AM, Capital City Fire Rescue was notified of a fire in a boat that was parked in a driveway on Duran Street.  CCFR was notified that no one was in the boat, but it was very close to the residence.  Crews extinguished the fire quickly and remained on the scene to ensure the fire was out. 

No injuries were reported.  After reviewing the scene and interviewing the boat owner, the cause is likely a propane heater placed in the boat’s cabin to keep the boat from freezing.